Home | Contact Me | Search

 

 
Set as Homepage
Bookmark Me
  Search Site
Latest News
Print this Page Print Page
 
 

Rifleman C Jackson

 
 

Harrogate Herald - 25th April 1917

Roll of Honour

The following letter from his captain explains how Rifleman C Jackson, son of Mr & Mrs William Jackson, Rock House, Hilton Lane, Knaresborough, was wounded. It says : 

Dear Mrs Jackson, I am very sorry to have to inform you that Rifleman C Jackson of this company was yesterday (April 5th) wounded by shrapnel fire whilst on a working party. The piece cut him over the ribs, and, glancing off, made a slight wound in the leg, but neither injury appears to be in any way severe. I hope by now he is comfortably established in hospital. Believe me, yours sincerely, Hugh H Lupton, Captain, 1/8th West Yorks Regt.

He is going on well, and is now at a convalescent camp, Boulogne.

 

Harrogate Herald - 2nd May 1917

Photo Page

Private C Jackson, West Yorks. Son of Mr and Mrs W Jackson, Rock House, Hilton Lane, [William Jackson, Rock House, Hilton Lane] Knaresborough, who was wounded on April 5th.

 

Harrogate Herald - 31st October 1917

Roll of Honour

Private Ernest Jackson, of the Tyneside Scottish, son of William Jackson, Rock House, Hilton Lane, Knaresborough, received a gunshot wound in the right arm on October 17th, and is now in hospital in France. He joined the forces on attaining 18 years of age, and after training went overseas about a month ago.

Sapper A Jackson, his brother, of the Royal Engineers, late sergeant of the King's Royal Rifles, was wounded on September 15th, 1916, and was brought to England for treatment. On recovering he transferred to the REs and is now in France.

Another brother, Rifleman C Jackson, West Yorks, is now in hospital suffering from being gassed. At first he was blind with it, but is now recovering his sight. He had previously been wounded.

 

Harrogate herald - 8th August 1917

News has been received that Rifleman C Jackson, West Yorks, of Rock House, Hilton Lane, Knaresborough, has been gassed and is in hospital.

 

Home | Contact Me | Search

 

Copyright 2004, 2005 Harrogate Historical Society